Earlier the Uttar Pradesh had decided to implement the corona curfew till 7 am on May 4, which was further extended for two days, and now for another five days...
Due to increasing number of COVID-19 cases UP government has been extended till May 10 morning, Also state residents must have an e-pass to travel during the lockdown because it is now become mandatory. E-passes for both intra-district and inter-district travel will be issued by the government as was done previously.
“The corona curfew from Friday 8 pm to Tuesday 7 am, which was extended on May 3 for 48 hours and is in force till May 6 till 7 am has been further extended till Monday (May 10) 7 am,” an official spokesman said, adding that further decision to extend the curfew will be taken on Sunday.
Government has also issued a notice in which all essential needs of public are included. In the notice by Uttar Pradesh government, people who are working in industries, engaged in medical supplies, e-commerce operations, medical emergencies, as well as print and electronic media. The e-pass will be valid during the lockdown, and getting it just requires filling out an application form online.
How to apply for e-pass during Uttar Pradesh lockdown
- Visit the Uttar Pradesh government website.
- Click the Apply for e-Pass on the top right corner of the window.
- You will be asked for your phone number so that the government can register you and send an OTP.
- Punch in the Captcha, and click Generate OTP
- Once you get the OTP, type in the code and you will be taken to the e-pass application form.
- Punch in your details like name, address, telephone number, district, tehseel, pass area, an ID proof, your photo and vehicle type.
- In ID proof, you can use any government-issued ID, including PAN/ Voter/ Aadhar Card/ Licence.
- The size of the soft copy should not be more than 200KB
- Click on the checkbox asking for your acknowledgement.
- Now, hit the Submit button. Soon you will be issued an e-pass.
Uttar Pradesh is witnessing a spurt in coronavirus cases over the past few weeks. Currently, the state has more than three lakh active cases.
Don’t Forget: During the lockdown period, all markets, private and public offices will be closed till 7 AM on Monday. Shopping malls, restaurants and bars will also be closed. The government has advised people to remain indoors and only those involved in essential services will be exempted from the restrictions.
ALSO READ: Coronavirus (COVID-19) NEWS: “To save lives of people, shut down India for at-least 15-days”
On April 29, the state government had announced that weekend lockdowns will now cover Mondays too and on May 3 it was extended till May 6. It was also decided to intensify the sanitisation drive in all the 75 districts to break the virus chain. But, those who have their dates for getting vaccinated can also move during the lockdown with proper data.
Now this is extended upto 17th May2021.
Stay home stay safe.
Use mask when outside of house.
Need to take care and follow the covid protocol.