Right food to be eaten at the eve time is quite crucial, isn’t it!!!
Lets make some creative options now... Here you will get 6 delicious evening snacks recipes that you should try... Quick, Healthy and Tasty Snacks Indian Snack Recipes Healthy Indian Snacks...
Evening is that time of the day when we feel extremely hungry but we hardly have any healthy options to choose from. As a result, most of the times we end up eating junk food which we regret later. An unhealthy evening snack can squander your efforts to eat healthy making your fitness goals go for a toss. But not anymore…
Not to worry… get some quick, easy & healthy ideas for your eve snacks which can also be prepared at the morning time and still can give you a big relief from snack time of starving, even if you are in a working profession, hosteller or housewife (during this pandemic WFH time)
Here you will get the snacks which required the least cooking time and also ingredients which are easily available without a pinch of compromise on the taste and satisfaction.
Quick & Healthy Evening Snack Options You Must Try Once
Recipe 1: Bread Poha/ Bread Upma
- Take 2 slice of bread and cut them in small pieces
- Now take a pan heat it and put 1tbsp Ghee, then within 40-50sec add some jeera, rayi and kadhi leaves and leave for 60sec.
- Then take some amount of peanuts as per your preference and bake it properly.
- Once peanuts are done then add 1 chopped onion, tomato, capsicum. Mix it properly and leave for 1min and later add the diced bread along with 1-2 chopped green chili and salt as per your taste.
- Now mix it well by smashing a little and wait for 1-2min and hurray it’s done.
- Put the poha in the plate, add some chopped coriander leaves and enjoy your delicious snacks prepared within 5-7min.
Recipe 2: Roasted Nuts
- Take a pan on the flame and put 1 tbsp Ghee.
- Now add ground nuts, chickpea (chana), fox nuts (makhana) and dry fruit as per your preference like almonds or cashew in ratio 3:3:2:1 and mix it well with low flame.
- Once the nuts are completely roasted after 5-6min, off the flame and take the nuts in a bowl or plate and add some chat masala with a pinch of salt.
- And wallah your roasted nuts is all set to enjoy with a tea or coffee.
Recipe 3: Tangy Chana Chat
How to Boil the Black Chickpeas?
- Wash the black chickpea (chana) thoroughly, place in a vessel full of water and allow it to soak for generally 6-7 hours.
- Now take the sprouted chana in a pressure cooker along with some water and salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 3-4 whistels.
- Once done, drain it but keep the water for the use of nutritious drink by adding chat masala and salt as per taste.
- Take a bowl and put the boiled chana as per your requirements.
- Now add some chopped onion, tomato, cucumber, green chili with black salt, pepper powder, chat masala, lemon juice and normal salt (if required).
- Now mix it well and before taking this quick snack, add some coriander leaves and enjoy your eve snacks. Also don’t forget the tasty tangy drink you have prepared from the drained water of boiled chana.
You can take this in your breakfast diet as well.
Recipe 4: Multigrain Pancake
- For this add ½ cup of oat flour, ½ cup of multigrain flour, 1.5 teaspoon of jiggery powder (gud) or sugar, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, a pinch of baking soda, 200ml of milk, 5-6 nos. of raisins in a big bowl.
- Now whisk all this thoroughly to bring out a thick consistency and then your batter for pancake is ready.
- Now put the pan on the medium flame and once the pan is heated add some butter or ghee in the pan.
- Once the butter is melted, put some batter on it with a serving spoon and press the batter evenly.
- In just about 30sec, one side of the pancake would be cooked, now flip to cook another side for next 30sec.
- And your eggless multigrain pancake is ready; similarly you can prepare more as per your requirement.
- Now take the pancakes in a plate and add some honey on it to enhance its taste even further.
- These pancakes are not only yummy but are also super filling, so what are you waiting for just enjoy the awesome snack in 7-8min.
Recipe 5: Banana and Protein Shake
- Don’t feel like cooking? But want a quick & healthy snack…
- As per my opinion, I don’t prefer readymade protein shake. So, here you will also get to know about a 2min protein shake recipe…
- So to make the shake all you need is 1 medium size banana. 300ml milk, 1 tbps of peanut butter and 1 tbps of flax seeds (Alsi).
- Now take a mixer jar and put the milk, banana, peanut butter and the grounded Flax seeds. And blend it properly.
- Once done pour it out in a glass and have it with banana or even with mild roasted bread slices.
This snack is really simple and will surely give you a full filling diet even in the morning time.
Recipe 6: Masala Paneer Chhenna
- Pour 1ltr milk to a heavy bottom pot and bring it to a gentle boil on a medium flame then make it to low flame.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and chat masala, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, rock salt and green chili to taste with a lot of coriander leaves.
- After adding these ingredients, turn back the flame to high and add lemon juice (use 3 lemons).
- Now stir well and you will see water and paneer separating. That’s all, now drain out the water and keep it aside.
- Now take the high protein masala paneer chhenna in a plate or bowl and is good to eat.
- Also if possible do not discard the liquid, as is highly nutritious and at the same time is very tasty.
So at last, take the masala snack with its bi-product drink and it’s a surety that you will be full in no time.
Recipe 7: Masala Oats
- Take a pan on low flame and add some Ghee or butter once the pan is heated.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 chopped onion, green chili, ginger, black pepper and rock salt as per taste with some of the raw veggies like peas, carrot, capsicum, etc.
- Once done mix it all properly and cover it for 2-3 min to soften the veggies a bit. Later uncover the pot and add some diced tomatoes, mix again and add 40g of rolled oats along with ¼ glass of water.
- Mix it all together thoroughly and cover it back for next 2min.
- After 2-3min its all set to have it, so take it out in a bowl or plate and can add some drops of lemon juice with few leaves of coriander.
Alternative of oats: You can follow the same recipe by replacing the oats with broken wheat daliya, millets or wheat pasta.
Hopefully you liked the recipes, try them and do share the pictures with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #ownduniya We’d love to know your thoughts about these recipes so please leave a comment and also share with your loved once. #Be healthy, be safe